Friday, June 3, 2011

Reason #10 - He is My Friend


I was feeling discouraged today, and frustrated. There are so many things in life to be grateful for, and yet what does my flesh always want to do? Focus on the negative. On the disappointments. On the frustrations. Ahhhhh - when will I ever learn!!!??

I sat down at the piano, not really for any special reason other than I haven't played in a while and I miss it. I played and sang through several songs, and then playing by ear, I started to sing...

"What a friend we have in Jesus! All our sins and griefs to bear..."

And as I continued on through the beautiful words, I felt my heart softened, and lifted up in worship of the incredible God Who calls us friends. Oh, what a gift we have been given! And how often do I take it for granted??

John 15:14 - 16

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you..."


I think of all the beautiful things that friends share in together...late night conversations, secret dreams, unforgettable memories, common interests, "inside jokes", and yes, maybe even most embarrassing moments :). And not only beautiful things...a good friend will be just as present for the hard times and trials in life as the good things.



As a Friend, I am beginning to realize that Jesus wants to share in exactly these same things with us. The fun times, the heart to heart talks, the beautiful memories, the secrets, and the laughs. And also the tears, the hurts, the broken dreams, and the pain.

Jesus Christ...the Friend Who never, NEVER fails us.

Need I even mention that from then on, my whole day brightened up?? :) Need I even mention that I felt a whole lot better after getting off that piano?? :)

I love Him, because He is my Friend - the best Friend I could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment