Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reason #29 - His Faithfulness is GREAT


It occurred to me recently that I have a blog.


It also occurred to me that it has been nearly a year since I have touched my blog.

I then had a brilliant idea.What if I took a few moments to update this neglected blog?

So here I am again. And while I have probably lost every reader that ever happened to be interested in what I had to say.....and while I have no guarantee that I will be more faithful in writing posts this year......I'm glad to be back. I truly have missed writing my "reasons" - although I have never stopped thinking about them or finding them in day-to-day life.

Today's reason is #29. I love my Lord because His faithfulness is GREAT.

It seems like a simple thing. Maybe an obvious fact.

Yet there have been many mornings that I wake up and literally dread my quiet time with the Lord. Because once again - yet again - I have fallen. I have been unfaithful to my Savior. And I am afraid that I have fallen one too many times. That I have somehow reached the limit of His patience and mercy.

It was on one of these mornings that I happened to stumble across Lamentations 3:22-23. How many times had I read this verse before? Yet the words were new - all new - written just for me, and their reality brought instant tears to my eyes.

" It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
 
They are new every morning: 

GREAT is thy faithfulness."

Every morning. I wake up, and His compassion is completely renewed. The supply is full once again. And it will never, never run dry.




How could I ever fully understand the reality of this statement? In a world filled with limits and limitations and limited supply and limited time......

Here is one thing that will never know any limit whatsoever. 

I am overwhelmed once again by the fact that my God is deeper than my thoughts could ever grasp. My God is greater than my words could ever describe. And my God is bigger than my words could ever contain.



Yet I am glad to be in this place, once again, struggling to describe an indescribable God. Grappling with a way to thank Him for His goodness and beauty and love. 

I love my Lord because His faithfulness is GREAT.


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about His faithfulness a lot recently too! He is so good! I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete